Lately I’ve been thinking a lot about my truth and what it means to live my truth and be authentic. In today’s society, we have a tendency of living on the surface level of our selves. We live in filters, on labels and titles and constantly look outside of ourselves to fulfill our souls. Social media and MSM dictate and try to steer us onto a particular path that may be stylish or hip but it may not speak to our authenticity. We believe that the number of friends or followers gives us our rating as a human being.
There are some surface level perks to living in that state, such as we gain more friends and followers, we are in the know of whats trending and people look up to you as a gauge of whats cool. We are constantly given praise and validation and we may even climb the corporate ladder of success. Money rolls in and with that we gain more luxuries. BUT… it comes as a price. We have created a space that ticks all the boxes except for the main one, which is our soul. We have become lonely in a crowded room of filtered faces that we don’t actually connect with. We become lost in the maze that we created and start asking ourselves, why am I lost? Why am I lonely? I have everything, what’s missing?
When you start asking those questions, it’ probably because you are living on a surface level and away from your values and your authentic self. You have replaced meaningful relationships with thumbs ups and hearts and you’ve compromised your authenticity and your integrity.
But it’s not all bleak, for the sake of sounding too depressing and cynical, you can change this! You can live in a real state of authenticity and enjoy the fruits of this beautiful life.
If you want to live more authentically, these 3 tips will help:
Nurture An Open Mind
Being stuck in tunnel view thinking whether it’s good or bad, can limit our experiences and growth and can stop us from being vulnerable. Vulnerability is a good thing!
Redefine Your Values
Write down your values and redefine them. As we grow in this life, our values can change so it’s always good to check in with them.
Create a vision board digitally or DIY up on your wall. Find quotes, images or words that describe your ideal authentic life and put in a place that you will look at it all the time so you don’t lose sight.
When you are living authentically, the benefits are:
- Having a profound sense of happiness – not based on others or possessions
- Making decisions become easier – you are not conflicted with what social media says
- You live your truth – you no longer have to hide parts of yourself
- Your family, close relationships enjoy the real you – they show you love, acceptance and appreciate for the real you.
- Your life has less clutter – you can weed out what doesn’t compliment your values and what stops you from being authentic
- Successes are more fulfilling – your triumphs come from not compromising your values or who you are therefore they have more fulfilment. You made it by being the awesome person YOU ARE
- You become more self-aware – you are tuning in to your truth and can step back and stop yourself from moving away from your authenticity
- You have peace of mind – the internal battle that can keep you awake at night becomes quiet as you know who you are.
Making the decision to live authentically can be scary and uncomfortable. It means that you have to sacrifice any relationships or lifestyle that does not align with your truth and this isn’t a walk in the park. Be prepared to feel uncomfortable but also be prepared for greatness and beauty and the feeling of freedom.
You will be walking in your own integrity and in your own truth and life will greet you with kindness as you show the world who you really are – right down from your thoughts, to words and to actions.
Living the best version of YOU is really the only way to be… and at the end of the day, no one can do a better job at that than you.
I hope you enjoyed reading this and I hope this spoke to you ❤
Enjoy the journey